Bill Thompson, Jr. is a trial lawyer with extensive experience seeking compensation for serious harm caused by, among others,
- Hospitals, Physicians and other healthcare providers (Federal and State).
- Manufacturers of dangerous products and drugs (Ford, General Motors, Michelin and pharmaceutical companies).
- Common Carriers (US Airways, Carnival Cruise Lines).
- Dangerous and unsafe places (including Businesses, Hotels, Resorts, Amusement Parks).
- Government entities (Federal, State, County and Cities).
- Broadcast networks (radio and television).
- Class Actions involving Data Breaches, product liability, Airline Crashes, and any other negligent act leading to harm for many
The Thompson Law Firm Intro
We have nationwide experience in State and Federal Court, traveling wherever significant cases merit. We are often asked to appear in cases by motion with local partners in places as varied as Michigan, Massachusetts, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia and every jurisdiction in Florida. The story of many of these significant cases can be found here and here.
We are dedicated to protecting and defending the Constitutionally guaranteed right to redress for harms and to the premise that the health and safety of the people in their person and property is the primary responsibility of each to all.
The cutoff date to file a medical malpractice lawsuit is extended if a medical practitioner flees the state within the four-year lawsuit deadline, the Supreme Court of Ohio ruled recently.
Here is a case out of Ohio allowing a claim to proceed, even where the ...
“(Judge) Smith said he wouldn’t consent to delaying the trial for any reason “up to and including a zombie apocalypse”.
Federal District Court judges wield an awful lot of unappreciated power. I was joking with ...
GM and Michelin: Estate of Bernardez v. Michelin
US Airways Crash Class Action (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Carnival Cruise Lines wrongful death (Dade County)
Waste Management rolloff dump truck wrongful death (Orange County)
Birth Injury: Nelson claims bill excerpted
Plastic Surgery: dental block during laser procedure caused fatal overdose of four year old infant (insurance declaratory judgment action in St. Petersburg and liability in Clearwater). Dentist lost license as a result of case and fled jurisdiction.
Dental Malpractice: Dentist with history of drug abuse improperly placed implants and fractured jaw. Doctor lost license and fled jurisdiction. At time of settlement, reportedly largest dental malpractice claim paid in Lee County.
Medical Malpractice: Morris, Nelson v. South Broward Hospital Tax District, Walker v. South Fulton Medical Center, Thomas v. Hospital Board of Directors of Lee County, Charles v. Southern Baptist Hospital of Florida, Harold v. Sanders and Fulbright v. D’Amico.
Nursing Home Abuse: Gilmore v. Life Care Centers of America.
- Business and Commercial Litigation: Doe v. Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.